Eligibility Criteria for 2023
Candidates applying through UWC Indonesia will be representing Indonesia at United World Colleges across the world. Therefore, to apply through us, you must be an Indonesian citizen, regardless of your residency, but preferably have lived in Indonesia for at least 8 years.
Minimum age: 16 years, 0 months, 0 days old as of 1 of July 2023 (born on or before 1 July 2007).
Maximum age: 19 years, 0 months, 0 days old as of 1 of July 2023 (born on or after 1 July 2004).
No exception can be made.
You may check this link to see if you fulfil the age requirement.
Minimum Academic Requirements
- For applicants taking Indonesian National Curriculum, you may apply while in Grade 11 or 12. This also applies to students in acceleration class.
- For applicants taking International Curriculums (IGCSE or O Level, IB MYP, or equivalent), you may apply while in Grade 10, 11, or 12.
In addition, the suggested AVERAGE grade (rata-rata) of your last semester should be at least the following:
- 8.0 (out of 10 scale)
- 80 (out of 100 scale)
- 4 (out of 7, if using IB grade curriculum)
- B (if using letter grade)
- 3.33 (if using 0-4 grade point)
What if I'm Not Eligible?
While national application in Indonesia is managed by us, the following routes are also available:
- If you are an Indonesian dual-national, you can contact the other National Committee to explore the application process and requirements.
- For all applicants, you can also explore the Global Selections Program (GSP) coordinated directly by UWC International and the UWC schools. However, scholarships are NOT available and places are limited. You can find more information about the GSP here.